Have you tried the YourBeer app?
Did you know there’s other beer apps besides Untappd and TapHunter? YourBeer just turned 2.0, and it aims to solve a problem for all craft beer drinkers.
These days, with all of the choices in craft beer, deciding on what beer to buy/order can sometimes be an overwhelming task. Luckily YourBeer is here to ease the decision making process.
How YourBeer Works
YourBeer app is a progressive quiz that tells you what beer to order or buy.
Open the app, and it asks a series of 5 lifestyle questions at random, along the lines of: favorite sports, food, or countries you’d like to visit, etc. Based on your answers, YourBeer pops the result up on the screen — “You should order a Porter.”
Based on our experience, YourBeer app is most useful for craft beer drinkers in these 3 scenarios:
- Just getting into craft beer? Let this app broaden your horizons by telling you what to order. No better way to build your palate than trying everything at random.
- At the bottle shop. Unless its a new release, avid craft beer drinkers have probably drank most of the beer in their local store. Don’t stand in the aisle like a deer in the headlights, let YourBeer make a style suggestion for you.
- The same applies in a bar. Too many choices, or maybe you have sampled everything already? Not sure what to order on draft? YourBeer eliminates the indecisiveness.
Additional YourBeer App Features
- Additional quiz questions added
- Food pairing recommendations by style
- Directory listing of breweries is underway
- The Perfect Beer (extended quiz costs $1)
You can download YourBeer from the App Store: YourBeer by Kevin Panitch